Banlam Grand Theater
Project Location:Xiamen, Fujian Province
Client:Xiamen Special Economic Zone Real Estate Development Group Co., Ltd
Partner:Xiamen Pan-China Architecture Design Co., Ltd.
Product Category:Public building and urban complex
Specialty Involved:Building, general drawing, structure and M&E
Planning and design
•The towers are laid out on the west side of the site, adjacent to the urban green space, thus to improve the quality of the office building.
•On the east side there is a plaza open to the public, and the theater on the south end of the plaza has become the visual focus of the plaza.
•The plaza is built with a sinking-style small square to connect the underground commercial streets in the east and west plots, fully explore the plot values, activate surrounding resources and create a sharing model.
• Office towers: presenting an imposing manner when seeing from afar and embodying fine details when taking a closer look, accompanied by diversified light refractions and dramatically capturing the brightness of the sky and the shadows of clouds with the change of light and the shift of observing angle.
•Commercial flow lines with diversified scenarios.
•Close layout of the commercial plaza and the palace of art, integrating virtuality and reality as well as softness and toughness
• Theater hall in three-story full height, enclosed by towering folding-surface glass curtain wall in the pattern of harp strings, presenting an elegant and upright appearance and seeming to be able to create beautiful music with the strings.
• Design of the auditorium of the performance hall in the pattern of vortexes created by sea waves, and adoption of seats in orchestra and balcony to surround the picture-frame stage inside tier upon tier.
• Analysis of the seismic linkage mechanism of a complex super high-rise multi-tower structure.
• Fine design to solve the problem of the shrinkage crack of super-long structural concrete.
• Adoption of a comprehensive wind-resistant structural design in a complex wind environment
Curtain wall design
• Harp-like glass curtain wall of the theater, ingeniously integrating supporting structures and curtain wall framework.
• Champagne metal exterior wall and the varying hollow-out treatment, not only providing a shading function but also projecting mottled shadows.