Dameisha Vanke Center
Project Location:Shenzhen, Guangdong Province
Client:Vanke Real Estate Co., Ltd
Partner:Steven Holl Architects
Product Category:Public building, urban complexes, digital projects and hotel M&E design
Specialty Involved:Building, structure, M&E, greening, landscape and interior
As a domestic design institute, CCDI is not only responsible for providing the construction drawings and design documents of various specialties as required by the schedule of design, but also undertakes various types of professional engineering and technical services required on site in the construction stage, including:
1 All the service requirements shall be subject to the agreements reached in the contract and shall be properly met; the construction drawings and design documents, as a part of the bidding contract documents of the project, shall be as precise, detailed and reliable as required;
2 Technical evaluation and confirmation shall be provided with regard to all the subdivided specialties involved in the project, thus to ensure the feasibility of the final design and technical solutions and the undertaking of the coordination management work and responsibilities related to the general contracting of design;
3 The extension of project cycle significantly increases the possibility of various design alterations; in addition to the constant change and adjustment of asset and property management demands on the part of the client, the project also faces the high workload of demonstrations and design alterations caused by the constant additions and supplements to current design and technical and construction codes;
4 Due to the division of the project contract, the working interfaces of the general contractor, subcontractors and suppliers on site in the project have far exceeded those of other general projects; CCDI, in charge of the centralized management of design and technical services, is responsible for coordinating design alterations and changes, providing design and technical solutions and explanations and meeting the requirements of field management procedures, which creates a huge workload of communication and coordination;
5 Technical evaluation and confirmation shall be provided with regard to various design alterations and special detailed designs, thus to ensure the feasibility of the final design and technical solutions without influencing the overall progress or construction cost of the project.
6 In face of the urgent overall progress and numerous construction interfaces of the project, CCDI shall also guarantee the timeliness of service responses and the timely final solving of technical problems.
• Maximized landscape greening: design of sinking-style courtyard, water system, green space, hills and so forth to create a rich 3D landscape system.
• 11 structural research subjects: structural self-balance and self-counterweight; cable’s tension stress control; cable’s maximum stress level control; partial adoption of steel sleeves; control of displacement at key points; finished cable product and testing; determination of construction sequence; analysis of the shrinkage and creep effect of temperature difference; node design and experimental research; comfort analysis and control; durability control
• Intelligent lighting control system: saving energy by above 25% in comparison to conventional lighting.
• Ice storage technology: saving electricity cost by 10%.
• Total heat recovery fresh air exchange unit: reducing peak air-conditioning load by about 16%, and reducing annual cumulative cooling load by about 8%.
• Water-saving measures and equipment: reducing water consumption by 30%, amounting to 1,500t each year.
• Unique natural lighting and external shading energy-saving design: saving indoor lighting power consumption by 5% and air conditioning power consumption by 4%.
• Underfloor air conditioning: independently-regulated air volume, improving indoor air quality, increasing temperature by 2-4℃ and significantly reducing energy consumption.
• Large-temperature difference cold supply: saving energy by 30% through water pumps.
• Solar photovoltaic power generation system: annual power generation of 264.7MWh, accounting for 12.5% of total power consumption and saving cost by 220,000 RMB/a.
• Recycled water: 100% use of recycled water and rainwater as landscape water, and reducing wastewater drainage by 50%
Curtain wall design
•Curtain wall system with shading function, consisting of two parts, aluminum alloy shading system outside and glass curtain wall system inside
•Horizontal movable shading louver, automatically adjustable according to the altitude of the sun, thus to keep indoor lighting and temperature at the optimal state
● Three-star Award for Green Building Design Labeling 2011
● Solar photovoltaic power generation system being rated as a national renewable energy building demonstration project 2008
● China Civil Engineering Jeme Tien Yow Award 2011
● Excellence prize for public building of the Award for Excellent Design of Building Equipment (Water Supply and Drainage) of the Third Architectural Society of China (ASC) 2012
● AIA New York Chapter 2010 Honor Awards of Architecture
● Second prize for architectural engineering of National Excellent Engineering Survey and Design Industry Award 2011
● First prize of the 7th National Excellent Architectural Structure Design Award 2012
● First prize of Excellent Survey and Design Award of Guangdong Province 2011
● 2010 LEED-NC PLATINUM（Architectural Record “GOOD DESIGN IS GOOD BUSINESS” CHINA AWARDS-BEST GREEN PROJECT）
● Architectural Record “Good Design Is Good Business” China Awards-Best Green Project