Ping'an Finance Center
Building Area:459,525 ㎡
Building Height:599 m
Client:Ping An Insurance (Group)
Product Category:Public building, digital engineering and hotel M&E design
Specialty Involved:Buildings, structures, M&E design, BIM and project management
The height of the building, 600m, directly poses a great technical challenge to the engineering project, which represents an important milestone project among all the super high-rise buildings undertaken by CCDI.
• As a domestic design institute, CCDI is not only responsible for providing the construction drawings and design documents of various specialties as required by the schedule of design, but also undertakes various types of professional engineering and technical services required on site in the construction stage, including:
1 All the service requirements shall be subject to the agreements reached in the contract and shall be properly met; the construction drawings and design documents, as a part of the bidding contract documents of the project, shall be as precise, detailed and reliable as required;
2 Technical evaluation and confirmation shall be provided with regard to all the subdivided specialties involved in the project, thus to ensure the feasibility of the final design and technical solutions and the undertaking of the coordination management work and responsibilities related to the general contracting of design;
3 The extension of project cycle significantly increases the possibility of various design alterations; in addition to the constant change and adjustment of asset and property management demands on the part of the client, the project also faces the high workload of demonstrations and design alterations caused by the constant additions and supplements to current design and technical and construction codes;
4 Due to the division of the project contract, the working interfaces of the general contractor, subcontractors and suppliers on site in the project have far exceeded those of other general projects; CCDI, in charge of the centralized management of design and technical services, is responsible for coordinating design alterations and changes, providing design and technical solutions and explanations and meeting the requirements of field management procedures, which creates a huge workload of communication and coordination;
5 Technical evaluation and confirmation shall be provided with regard to various design alterations and special detailed designs, thus to ensure the feasibility of the final design and technical solutions without influencing the overall progress or construction cost of the project.
6 In face of the urgent overall progress and numerous construction interfaces of the project, CCDI shall also guarantee the timeliness of service responses and the timely final solving of technical problems.
• The exterior frame of the north tower is constituted by eight steel reinforced concrete mega columns and mega braced frames, and creates an ideal visual field for the high-rise building. The building, built of glass, metal and stone materials and elegantly anchored on the solid building foundation, will become the first high-rise building in Shenzhen with its absolute height of 600m.
• The exterior frame structure is equipped with spatial belt truss, mega steel brace, V-shaped support and so forth to improve its structural rigidity, increase additional restraint and form a relatively reliable secondary line of defense.
• The innovative V-shaped support mainly bears the angular gravitational load of the building, and controls the vertical vibration of the slabs in the corner; it is also ingeniously combined with the facade form of the building to embody its architectural and structural harmony.
• The effective length of mega columns is rationally determined to ensure their safety;
• The design concepts and calculation methods of the story height reservation and vertical structural member length reservation of the super high-rise building are put forward for the first time, thus providing a scientific basis for the health monitoring of structure in construction and in service and improving the service performance of the building;
• Local finite element analysis of key nodes, TMD vibration reduction analysis, long-term concrete shrinkage and creep and temperature effect analysis, anti-seismic dynamic elastoplasticity analysis of structures and so forth are employed to provide a powerful guarantee of engineering safety and rationality.
• Ice storage capacity of 40,000RTH, and design of large-temperature difference air-conditioning water system to reduce the operating cost
• Equipment of anti-fog heating coil for the cooling tower for the first time to increase air exhaust temperature and reduce “white fog”
• Air processer unit + total heat recovery fresh air exchange unit, saving resources
• Recovery and utilization of rainwater, recycled water and condensed water in air conditioners, saving water consumption by 20% in the project
• Initial application of the quality monitoring and supplementary circulation of the circulating refrigerated water of the air conditioning system
• Initial application of the anti-seismic design of important M&E equipment and pipelines, which improves the ability of M&E equipment to effectively resist natural disasters and quickly restore normal service
• Setting of substation and distribution stations by zones, thus saving cable cost in the early stage and effectively reducing operational energy consumption and loss in the late stage
• BIM design aid: BIM design based on pipeline layout, headroom control and fine decoration coordination in the late stage of construction drawing design;
• BIM detailed design: promotion of BIM detailed design based on main steel structure, M&E and curtain wall before physical construction to solve real construction problems;
• BIM construction simulation: BIM simulation of overall schedule and of complex zones or technology, for the purposes of discussing and verifying the construction scheme, planning and tracking construction progress, scheduling the arrangements among different specialties, and conducting technical disclosure;
• BIM information platform: used for conducting paperless communication and testing on site, and uniformly releasing and updating information on the information management platform of the project;
• Completion model delivery: used for the digital storage of building information, and for further digital operations;
• BIM service implementation: In the process of BIM service implementation, CCDI attaches great importance not only to the establishment and implementation of unified technical standards in the project, but also to the establishment and implementation of BIM management system and procedures, thus to achieve the expected effect of the BIM implementation of the project in terms of both technology and management.
● Second prize for Best BIM Engineering Design of "Innovation Cup" BIM Design Competition 2013
● Second prize for Best BIM Collaborative Design of "Innovation Cup" BIM Design Competition 2013