Quanzhou Railway Station
Project Location:Quanzhou, Fujian Province
Client:Southeast Coastal Railway Fujian Co., Ltd.
Product Category:Rail transit and transportation building
Specialty Involved:Building, structure, M&E, interior, technical economy, etc.
• Adoption of multiple thematic designs like curtain wall design, interior design, lighting design, acoustic design and so forth, and organic combination of the results of various thematic designs to create an integrated design pattern and control project construction effect and construction cost
• Appropriate exploration and inheritance of the local historical context of Quanzhou; reference to the ridges and cornices of traditional buildings in the selection of roof modeling, and perfect echoing between the slightly upwarped roof arc and the continuous curve of the Qingyuan Mountain in the north
• Reference to the local construction method of “building stone blocks into brick wall” by the architect in material selection; construction with mixed use of bricks and stones as a local characteristic, responding to the devotion of local people to red bricks and displaying a distinct regional image
• Use of CFD technology for a simulation analysis of the station hall
• Development of large-space controllable natural ventilation design to reduce the service time of the air conditioning system throughout the year and reduce the operational cost